- PRODUCT FEATURES
- MORE INFORMATION
Littmann Classic III Stethoscope
The 3M™ Littmann® Classic III™ Stethoscope offers high acoustic sensitivity for exceptional performance when doing general physical assessments. It features dual tunable diaphragms and an updated design that is easier to clean and maintain.
The Classic III stethoscope offers high acoustic sensitivity for exceptional performance, plus a versatile two-sided chestpiece with tunable diaphragms. The Classic III stethoscope is used by students and medical professionals alike to identify, listen to, and study heart, lung, and other body sounds for physical assessment, patient monitoring, and diagnosis.
Tunable diaphragm technology—a 3M invention—lets clinicians hear different frequency sounds by simply adjusting the pressure on the chestpiece. Hold the chestpiece with light pressure to hear low frequency sounds; press a little more to hear higher frequency sounds. This time-saving feature allows the healthcare provider to focus on the patient, while the non-chill diaphragm provides patient comfort.
Headset tension is easily adjusted for head size and comfort by squeezing together or pulling apart the eartubes. Snap-tight, soft-sealing eartips conform to individual ears for an excellent acoustic seal and comfortable fit. Eartips snap firmly onto the ends of the eartubes and, for safety, require a significant effort to remove.
Resilient next-generation tubing retains its shape and flexibility even after folding tightly into a pocket. It provides longer stethoscope life due to improved resistance to skin oils and alcohol, and is less likely to pick up stains. Next-generation tubing is not made with natural rubber latex, a benefit to sensitive medical professionals and their patients. And, to play its part in the protection of human health and the environment, the next-generation tubing does not contain phthalate plasticizers.
The Classic III stethoscope comes complete with large and small soft-sealing eartips, non-chill bell sleeve, and instructions.
- Two-sided chestpiece with tunable diaphragms on both the adult and paediatric sides
- Single-piece tunable diaphragm is easy to attach, and easier to clean because its surface is smooth without crevices
- Paediatric side converts to a traditional open bell by replacing the single-piece diaphragm with a non-chill rim
- Next-generation tubing provides longer life due to improved resistance to skin oils and alcohol; less likely to pick up stains
- Small tunable diaphragm is useful for paediatric, small, or thin patients; around bandages; and for carotid assessment
- Stainless steel chestpiece is precision-machined into an aesthetically pleasing, less angular shape. The stem features open side indicator
- Snap-tight eartips have a soft, smooth surface providing a comfortable acoustic seal and comfortable fit
- Soft-sealing ear-tips provide optimal comfort and excellent sound occlusion