Mesorb is a soft, comfortable and highly absorbent dressing which can retain a huge volume of exudate for a longer period of time. Its fluid-repellent backing layer effectively prevents wound contamination, keeps the dressing dry and protects clothes and bed linen against exudate strike-through.
Areas of Use
Mesorb is designed for use on moderate to heavily exuding wounds. It can be used as the primary dressing and applied directly on the wound, or as a secondary dressing on areas where high absorbency is needed (e.g. over Melgisorb or Mepitel).
Mechanism of Action
The wound contact layer absorbs the exudates and transfers it to Mesorb’s cellulose pulp core. This absorbs and retains the exudates, while the breathable backing allows for easy moisture vapour transmission. In addition, the backing layer has been folded over the edges of the wound contact layer in order to minimise side leaks.
How to Apply
- Carefully clean the wound and dry the surrounding skin.
- Directly apply Mesorb on the wound, or over the primary dressing but leave at least 1 cm overlap on the adjacent skin area.
- Secure the dressing in place with an appropriate fixation device.
Mesorb can also be used under compression bandages. The frequency of changing depends on the condition of the wound, or when the dressing is already saturated. If the wound’s condition deteriorates, discontinue use and seek the advice of a healthcare professional.
Product features and benefits
- Highly absorbent core for superb exudates management
- Maintains its structure without becoming bulky
- Low adherent wound contact layer
- Protective backing on the sides to stop side leakage
- Keeps the outer layer dry
- Breathable backing for increased patient comfort
- Supplied as individually wrapped sterile packs